Grace is hiring an Operations Assistant! The full job description, and how to apply, are below.
Grace Episcopal Church, a vibrant, historic Anglo-Catholic parish in Alexandria, Virginia, seeks an Operations Assistant to join our team of positive and talented staff and lay leaders. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, organized, proactive, and tech-savvy professional who will be an ambassador for the mission of Grace Church.
Team Member: Make us better because you are part of the staff team (we’ll do the same)
- Collaborate with staff and lay leaders
- Join and add to a healthy church ecosystem
- Share your gifts, even if they aren’t required below
- Be prepared to love your job
Financial Support: help ensure good stewardship of our resources through careful record-keeping
- invoice routing and processing
- bookkeeping entries in QuickBooks Online
- finance reporting, filing, and reconciling finance accounts
- tracking reports and approvals for payroll processing
- answering parishioner questions about their giving and donations
- updating parish database
Communications Support: help our parish thrive by connecting with one another
- Handle administrative processes to support our Director of Operations.
- Draft, prepare, and print worship bulletins
- Manage paper and electronic file systems and file retention
- learning and assisting with WordPress website updates and Mailchimp email communications
- managing parish calendar, including scheduling of parish resources like meeting rooms and zoom meeting
- cross-training with other parish office staff duties to cover their time off
Qualities and Core Competencies: the heart and skills of our ideal candidate
- Associate degree or higher
- 2-3 years office-related professional experience, ideally in a church or other non-profit setting
- English language required; Spanish language a plus
- positive, energetic attitude
- Caring heart and helpful temperament
- Final-round candidates must agree to full background check and, if hired, will require all church-required training, including prevention of sexual abuse of children and adults, anti-racism, and other annual training requirements.
Wage: $21-25 per hour based on experience (does not qualify for benefits)
Job Particulars: What it’s like to work here
- Reports to Director of Operations
- Part-time (20 hours/week)
- Flexible schedule with limited remote work possible
- Pet and child friendly office
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.