Join Us for Services During Holy Week
- Maundy Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Liturgy of the Day with foot washing, procession to the Altar of Repose, stripping of the altar, Prayer Watch (continuing all night)
- Good Friday, 6:30 a.m. Liturgy of the Day with dramatic reading of the Passion according to St. John and the Communion from the Reserved Sacrament
- Good Friday, 12:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross with Meditations
- Good Friday 1:30 p.m. The Liturgy of the Day and Veneration of the Cross
- Good Friday 5:00 p.m. Children’s Service
- Good Friday, 7:30 p.m. Tenebrae
- Holy Saturday, 9:00 a.m. Morning Prayer
- Holy Saturday, 8:00 p.m. The Great Vigil followed by Agape Celebration
The office will close at 12:00 p.m. on Friday and will be closed on Easter Monday.
Altar Guild Tea
Reservations will be accepted beginning at 9:00am on Tuesday, April 18, for the 17 th Annual Altar Guild Tea at Grace Church to be held on Saturday May 13, from 2:00 to 4:30 pm. The theme will be “Cherry Blossoms: The Way of the Tea, ” a look at Japanese tea customs and traditions. Tickets are $35 and proceeds go to the General Fund of Grace Church. Tickets sell out early so circle April 18 on your calendar to call the church office (703) 549-1980 to make your reservations.
J2A Grace in Italy Auction – Saturday, April 22 from 6-9 pm.
See the write up in the bulletin or on the website for full details. Buy your tickets during coffee hour!
Adult Forum – Sunday, April 23
Char Rusnak will report on her trip to the UN as an Episcopal delegate to the UN Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW). Her forum will take place in Merrow Hall.
Twenties and Thirties (TNT) – Sunday, April 30
We invite all TNT’s to join us upstairs at the Evening Star Cafe at 6:15 pm on Sunday, April 30, following the 5:00 pm worship service. William Campbell and Ashley Mather, our VTS Seminarians, will join the group as we enjoy and informal evening of fellowship. Please RSVP to Jenni at email@example.com.
Vacation Bible School registration is open for volunteers and children
Go to ccalexvbs.wordpress.com for complete form and details. Cost is $60 per camper and can be paid directly to Christ Church (VBS in the memo line) and you may submit your check to Jenni or mail directly to Christ Church. Registration closes June 1 and enrollment is limited to 100 children between three churches. VBS week is June 26-30 and it will be held at Christ Church.