Grace Episcopal Church in Alexandria, Virginia, a dynamic parish with over 750 parishioners, is seeking a Parish Administrator to manage its church office. Founded in 1855, Grace Church is a diverse, welcoming and inclusive parish community. Hallmarks of worship are traditional Eucharistic liturgy, fine music, and a wide array of exciting program activities.
The Parish Administrator will work closely with the Rector, serve as part of a team of ordained and lay
staff, and also supervise lay office volunteers and part-time employees. Participation in weekly staff meetings is essential.
- Three-to-five years’ experience in a similar office setting.
- Experience in purchasing goods and services, managing contracts, working with vendors and
- Knowledge of general computer skills and use of Microsoft Office and MS Windows-based
software. Familiarity with online business management tools, church management software
programs, basic business accounting and social media and communication tools.
- Knowledge of html is a bonus.
- Spanish-language proficiency preferred but not required.
- Reliability, attention to detail, and strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership, flexibility, ability to take initiative and to prioritize sometimes competing demands of the work environment.
- Ability to supervise others and present a welcoming “face” of Grace Church to parishioners and
- Honesty, discretion and confidentiality.
This position is an exempt (salaried), full-time position requiring 40+ hours per week with excellent benefits including a retirement plan, health insurance and paid leave. Some weekend and night work may be required. Salary based on experience. Grace Episcopal Church is an equal opportunity employer.
A letter of application, resume and references may be submitted to email@example.com.