The work of Grace Church couldn’t get done without our many volunteers. Here are a few of the ways our members support the work of the parish. If you’re interested in assisting with any of these ministries, contact the church office.
One of the wonderful things about our worship is that it involves so many of our members, young and old.
- Ushers welcome our members and guests, take up offerings, and guide parishioners during the Holy Eucharist.
- Acolytes (youth and adult) lead processions into worship, collect offerings from the ushers, and assist the celebrant during worship.
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers (LEMs) help serve communion and deliver intercessory prayers. LEMs also take the Eucharist to homebound members of the parish.
- Lectors read the scripture during worship.
- The Adult Choir and Boys’ and Girls’ Choir provide music during our 9:00 and 11:15 services on Sunday and at other services throughout the year.
- The Altar Guild prepares the church for worship, arranges flowers, makes sure the sacraments are in place, and cleans the church after worship.
- Our Coffee Hour teams provide refreshments after worship services on Sunday.
Our Sunday School teachers help our children and youth explore every aspect of faith, such as who God is, the Bible, prayer, the Church and the sacraments, and how we love and serve our neighbors.
Volunteers assist in the church office, help update the Grace website, prepare our monthly newsletter, beautify the church grounds, make minor repairs in the church building, prepare food for fellowship events, plan retreats, and more! Think about your talents and how they might be useful.